Few things are better than rolling out of bed and being met with the smell of fresh pancakes cooking on the griddle. While breakfast is indeed the most important meal of the day, it’s important to fill your body with the nutrients it needs.
Silver Dollar Protein Pancakes
1/2 cup Cooking Oats
1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 Medium Banana
1. Mix oats in a food processor or blender until they resemble a fine flour consistency
2. Add protein powder and baking powder to the mix
3. Add eggs and banana and pulse until evenly mixed
4. Fold in any other ingredients you wish (e.g., blueberries, chocolate chips, etc.)
5. Turn griddle or skillet to medium heat
6. Measure 2 Tbs. per pancake (this yields 10-12 pancakes)
7. Cook on one side for 45 seconds or until it begins to bubble
8. Flip and cook the other side for 30-45 seconds
Adding protein to your diet doesn’t have to mean choking down shakes. What other recipes have you tried adding a scoop of protein powder into?